May is Bike Month!
May is the official Sacramento Region Bike Month, so join The City of Yuba City as we challenge Yuba City residents to leave your car keys at home, put on your best looking helmet and bike to work, bike to shop and bike to play. Cycling is a way of life, so embrace it and enjoy life in the bike lane.
Get registered today!
Sign up for participation and the City of Yuba City will be providing lots of rewards for leaving your car keys at home:
- Commute to work at least 5 times during the month of May to receive a water bottle.
- We will award top three bike riders with the most miles logged in the month of May.
- Refueling stations will be available on the following dates:
- May 13 - Levee Bike Path at 5th Street Bridge
- May 17 - Corner of Civic Center Boulevard and Poole Boulevard near City Hall
- Other Prizes will be awarded regionally (see www.mayisbikemonth.com for details on those prizes).
How to get started:
- Go online to MayisBikeMonth.com
- Select "Register Now"
- Enter your email address, home and work zip codes
- Complete the registration form and be sure to enter your COMPANY NAME so that your organization gets credit for your miles!
- May 1 start logging your commute, errand and recreation miles throughout the month
- At the end of the month, fill out the form below and submit it to be eligible for a water bottle.
By entering this contest, participants acknowledge all information submitted to be true and accurate.
If you have questions about May is Bike Month, please contact Diana Langley of the Yuba City Public Works Department at (530) 822-4792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.